Support Power of the River, the movie and the mission
Your contribution today will help our small team of independent artists finish this beautiful film, share it with the world, and do our part to show people why Earth’s wildest places should be kept wild.
Power of the River is a fiscally sponsored project of the International Documentary Association (IDA), a 501(c)(3) nonprofit arts organization. Contributions in support of Power of the River are payable to IDA and are tax deductible as allowed by law. For almost 30 years IDA’s fiscal sponsorship program has been helping independent documentary projects of all types get funded, finished and seen. Your donations to Power of the River will directly fund:
- Edits for versions – our talented editor Jocelyne Chaput and director Greg I. Hamilton will be tackling versions of the film for television, tours, and other distribution avenues to reach the broadest possible audience.
- Mastering/release – costs stack up for the final touches that make sure each screening looks as sharp as can be, from festivals to TV to your own tricked-out home theater.
- Titles and accessibility – we’ll create multiple language translations and features for people with hearing or vision impairments just as soon as funding permits.
- Audience building – our producers are experts at rallying huge audiences; a small investment in grassroots outreach pays off hugely for the film and its mission.
- Cameras-for-culture-and-conservation – we’ve loaned GoPros used in Power of the River to kids and communities in Bhutan, based on the success of two previous programs which introduced Bhutanese students to photography.
From the director:
We journeyed to a magical place, onto a wild river, and into the unknown. We came back with an epic adventure story … and much more. As a filmmaker, I take seriously the obligations that come with the access we received to film a first-ever expedition on an at-risk river. It was a magnificent opportunity and now I am determined to share this important story as far and wide as possible. With your help we’ll finish the film and share it widely. Your donation today will support my four-year labor of love. It’s a great time to support Power of the River: I’ve already taken the leap of faith, assembled an ace team, and now you can help this film do its job. Thank you!
How is this tax-deductible? Since The International Documentary Association is a 501(c)(3) U.S. nonprofit organization, the benefits of your contribution to Power of the River ripple outward: you receive a tax deduction (consult your tax folks), we receive much needed funds for our film and its release, and the good people at IDA keep a small, perfectly reasonable fee to help cover their own costs. Win-win-win.
Why IDA? Our director Greg has been a long-standing member of the IDA, including serving as a peer reviewer for the IDA’s Pare Lorentz Documentary Fund and an annual voter for the year’s best documentaries. The IDA is dedicated to building and serving the needs of a thriving documentary culture. Since 1998 its fiscal sponsorship program has helped hundreds of independent documentaries get funded and finished! IDA administers millions of dollars in annual donations and grants to sponsored projects just like Power of the River! IDA is a participating member of the National Network of Fiscal Sponsors through the Tides Center. The hard-working team at IDA is very worthy of receiving their small share of your donation, so please don’t hesitate to contribute through them.
What if I don’t need the tax deduction? If you’d prefer all of your donation to go toward the film, the most effective ways to support us are:
- write a check payable to: All Get Out Productions and mail it to
Power of the River
PO Box 771939
Steamboat Springs, CO 80477 USA
- send us money online via PayPal (no fee to you; PayPal charges us fees that average 3% — well worth it for the convenience if you don’t want to mail a check)
More questions? Make contact.